Hey there and welcome to Weekly Wishes, where I talk about the goals or challenges I want to achieve this week and also let you share your own through the link-up below. I’d love for you to join me and add a link to your own goal-oriented post! It’s a great way to make new friends from around the world and gain some motivation to achieve your weekly aspirations.
Hey y’all! Want to know what I ate for breakfast this morning? (You do). I had rolled eats, chia seeds, greek yogurt, and strawberries. I looked at my plate and thought, “who am I?” I’ll admit, the rolled oats and chia seeds are new to my palette. I’m trying to eat healthier and find things that nourish my body. I’m not big on the rolled oats though — anyone have good recipes?
Trying to eat healthy this week may be coming as a result of how much unhealthy deliciousness I ate while in Miami. My dad took us to some crazy great restaurants, so naturally I had to eat twice my weight in food, right? Also, here’s a view of the hotel room we stayed in. This was the view from the balcony, which made me realize that I need a balcony overlooking water and beautiful things one day. It’s so peaceful!
Tell me about your weekend! What did you do?
Last Month’s Wishes
- Downsize. Still working on this, but making some progress! I am the kind of person who, when I downsize one thing, I add on another. It’s hard for me to want to relax sometimes, but I need to keep striving at it.
- Go to my first blog conference! Did it! You can read about my blog conference experience here.
- Order packaging and miscellaneous supplies for my Etsy shop. I did it! 😀
- Clean my car. haha this first started as a weekly wish, then became a monthly wish, and now has been incomplete for over 5 weeks. (In reality, it’s been incomplete for over 5 months, but let’s not got there). I did however start thinking about taking my car in to get serviced and cleaned. I even looked up small, handheld vacuums on Amazon yesterday. Baby steps, right?
This Month’s Wishes
- Write for fun. I write on this blog almost everyday, which is also mostly for fun. But I think I mean a different kind of fun. A no-one-but-me-will-read-it kind of fun. I’ve also been getting weirdly fluid ideas for a potential novel and something tells me I need to word-vomit them all onto paper otherwise they might vanish.
- Go to Alt Summit. AHHHH!
- Open a savings account. I used to have a savings account, but one day it just disappeared. I actually probably closed it years ago, but saying it disappeared makes me the victim here, right? Clearly I am concerned for my finances and the Evil Bank Gods just closed my account for me — what was I to do? Anyways, now that I run my own business, I’ve found that one of the hardest part is saving for taxes and distinguishing spending money from tax money. Opening a savings account purely for taxes is probably something I should’ve done six months ago, but will definitely come in handy now.
- Go to Corgi Beach Day! There’s this thing in California called “SoCal Corgi Beach Day” where literally hundreds of corgis and their owners gather at a local beach to hang out and derp around together. There was one a few months ago, but I opted not to go because I didn’t know how Monja would be around other dogs. But lately he’s been going to a doggie daycare where he plays in a room of pups all day and has been getting great reports from the workers there, so I think he (meaning me) deserves to go to this here Corgi Beach Day. It’s at the end of June — I kind of can’t wait!
WEEKLY WISHES LINKUP RULES
1. Share your posts about your goals, challenges, or wishes for the week, month, year, decade, whatever! Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
2. Link back to this site so others can get their goal-setting on, too! You can use the button below if you’d like!
<div align="center"><a href="https://www.melyssagriffin.com/tags/weekly-wishes/" title="The Nectar Collective" target="_blank"><img src="https://www.melyssagriffin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Weekly-Wishes-Button.jpg" alt="The Nectar Collective" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
3. You can link up your posts on any day of the week, but the most common day to do so is Monday. 🙂
4. THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL! You MUST visit the person’s blog who linked up directly before you and leave them a motivating comment. This is such an important part of this linkup! We are each here to encourage each other and build a community of determined women and friends. 🙂 If you do not do this, your post will be deleted from the link-up.