Tune In to the Episode: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher
Have you ever thought about the difference between self-care and self-love?
Usually, we confuse the two. We think self-love looks like snuggling under the covers with a good book, taking a bubble bath, putting on a face mask.
But really… that’s how we care for ourselves. Self-love is something so much deeper. My friend Nikia Phoenix and I discussed it on this week’s episode, and I know her perspective is going to blow your mind.
Nikia is a model, writer, dream instigator, the founder of Black Girl Beautiful, and an amazing advocate for self-love. She joined me on this episode to talk about what self-love is to her, how her own self-love journey started, and the methods she uses to tap into honoring her whole truth.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- What self-love means to Nikia and how she expresses it to the world [1:03]
- The way that protecting yourself first gives you space to be able to protect others [6:19]
- Her thoughts on cultivating honesty in relationships with the people around you [9:47]
- What started Nikia on this journey to self-love and grew her desire to share it with others [18:18]
- How you can begin to have real and honest conversations with no expectations 25:27]
- How Nikia uses healing modalities as a self-love practice, and what you can do to start incorporating them into your own life [33:44]
- What magic can happen when you do the work of love and service [44:18]
Our conversation reminded me of what’s possible when we intentionally honor our wholeness in the ways we practice self-love. Instead of seeking joy or fulfillment in the things that can’t provide it, taking time to practice self-love helps us see they were in us all along. 🙂
“When you are acting from a place of self-love you are also acting from a place of good for all.” – Nikia Phoenix
Listen to the episode below:
This episode discusses topics like…
- What self-love means and how to expresses it to the world.
- How protecting yourself first gives you space to be able to protect others.
- Ways to cultivate honesty in relationships and with the people around you.
- How you can begin to have real and honest conversations with no expectations.
- How to use healing modalities as a self-love practice.
- The magic that happens when you do the work of love and service.
Links from the episode:
- Nikia’s Website
- Nikia’s Instagram
- The Artist’s Way
- Follow me (Melyssa Griffin) on Instagram for honest conversations about alignment, abundance, and my life.
- Follow the Limitless Life™ Podcast on Instagram for new episode releases and wisdom on how to live a life with no limits.
How to subscribe + review:
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released?
Also, podcast reviews are pretty darn important to the iTunes algorithm and the more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be able to get this podcast and message in front of more people. I’d be extremely grateful if you left a review right here letting me know your favorite part of this episode.
Share on social?
Did this episode help you expand what’s possible for your life or business? Do you think your social media followers may learn something, too? I’d be forever grateful if you shared it on social media. 🙂 If you do, tag @melyssa_griffin so I can repost you! Woohoo!
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this episode.
How are you going to practice self-love?
Thank you SO much for being here, sweet friend. I’m honored to walk this journey with you. See you in the next episode!