Tune In to the Episode: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher
Do you ever feel like no matter how much “work” you do on yourself, you still wind up stuck in the same patterns?
Maybe you’ve read all the books, attended countless therapy sessions and done a lot of introspection — and I mean, a LOT — but the changes you want to make just aren’t happening. Maybe you feel like you know all the answers, but you can’t get out of the start and stop cycle you’re caught up in.
If you’ve ever felt this way — you’re not alone.
In this episode I’m joined by Dr. Nicole LePera, author, psychologist, and creator of the popular Instagram account @the.holistic.psychologist, where she shares her journey of inner healing and how we can all start to make real change in our lives.
After spending years as a clinical psychologist, Nicole became frustrated by the limitations of traditional psychotherapy. She wanted more for her patients—and herself— so she began developing a united philosophy of mental, physical and spiritual health that equips people with the tools necessary to heal themselves. She shares the life-changing results she discovered along her holistic psychology journey to nearly 4 million “self-healers” on Instagram, through her programs and with her new book “How to Do the Work”.
“We’re living life on repeat because we’re allowing our subconscious to be the place from which we’re reacting, time and time again.” – Dr. Nicole LePera
Listen to the episode below:
This episode discusses topics like…
- The first steps for taking action to stop living life on repeat.
- What it means to truly embody change for it to work.
- What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and why it’s so important to be aware of how our feelings live in our bodies.
- What’s really happening with our feelings when we’re overwhelmed.
- How we can start to use breath-work and other techniques to reconnect with ourselves and make sustainable changes in our lives.
- The impact of not being fully authentic and honest with our own self.
- Why putting yourself out there and presenting yourself to the world as an entrepreneur can bring up so many emotions.
- What to keep in mind about feedback and subjective interpretations of our work.
Links from the episode:
How to subscribe + review:
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released?
Also, podcast reviews are pretty darn important to the iTunes algorithm and the more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be able to get this podcast and message in front of more people. I’d be extremely grateful if you left a review right here letting me know your favorite part of this episode.
Share on social?
Did this episode help you expand what’s possible for your life or business? Do you think your social media followers may learn something, too? I’d be forever grateful if you shared it on social media. 🙂 If you do, tag @melyssa_griffin so I can repost you! Woohoo!
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this episode.
How will you start to “do the work” in your life?
Thank you SO much for being here, sweet friend. I’m honored to walk this journey with you. See you in the next episode!