Welcome to Weekly Wishes, a personal goal setting community where you can share your upcoming dreams and hold yourself accountable to achieve them. I’d love for you to join us and add a link to your own goal-oriented blog post! It’s a great way to make new friends from around the world and gain some motivation to achieve your weekly aspirations.
Happy MARCH everyone! It’s crazy — and exciting — that spring is right around the corner. I can hardly tell with the gloomy, rainy weather we’ve been having here in Southern California, but hey, I’ll take it. 😉 February turned out to be a really good month and is giving me even more hope that 2015 will be an awesome year.
Some highlights? Well, I started the month in San Francisco, which was a nice little trip. I also went to a wildlife center and played with a Fennec Fox — the cutest! On Valentine’s Day, Paul and I celebrated with a cozy night in and a fancy pants dinner that we made at home. The month ended at my friend, Jessica’s, wedding this weekend (below) — isn’t she the cutest? (She’s also a contributor for TNC!). And lastly, I moved to Los Angeles! It took awhile to find a place to live, but I love my new apartment and the area I live in. It was worth the wait! And isn’t the front door (above) kind of cute? 🙂 It makes me happy whenever I see it!
For work, I also had one of the busiest months of my little existence. I’m so grateful to see my business grow and it’s been such a fun (and tough!) process. To help with things, I hired a virtual assistant. I also legally changed The Nectar Collective into an LLC. Woo!
How was your February?
Click through to read my new goals and share your own!
Last Month’s Goals
- Hire a virtual assistant! Sure did! What a help she’s been! 🙂
- Finish designing a new layout for TNC. For the most part, yes! But still working on some details. Designing for yourself is always a pain in the ass, isn’t it? Heh heh.
- Move to LA! Yes! More on that soon. 🙂
Goals for March
- Try co-working. I’m really interested in the idea of co-working, where you pay a membership fee to work in a large office-type space with other freelancers. There’s one in LA I’ve been eager to check out, so this month I plan to do that! Has anyone tried co-working?
- Reach 5,000 Instagram followers. This is a bit of a lofty goal, seeing as I currently only have about 3,900 followers, but I’d really like to work at this. I feel like I’ve been pretty passive about growing my Instagram so far (as in, I haven’t really done anything aside from posting pictures), but I’d like to encourage more of a community feel and find more of “my people.” Still working on how to do that, but now that it’s a goal, I have to figure it out, right? 😉 Shameless plug? If you like succulents/flowers, hand-lettering, or corgis, you can follow me here. 🙂
- Continue sending and refining a weekly newsletter. Have you noticed that we’ve been sending out a newsletter each week? This has been one of my goals for a looong time, so I’m stoked to finally see it happening (with the help of my VA!). I want to keep working at this and make it more awesome/useful/fun. If you’re interested in signing up (and receiving blogging/business/life tips), you can join 2,500 other subscribers here. Woo!
- Furnish my living room. Now that I’ve moved into a slightly bigger space, my apartment looks SO empty. My living room currently consists of some plastic storage boxes and Monja’s dog crate. Sexy. I’d really like to make it more cozy (and useable!), so a comfy rug and sofa are first on my list. I’ve been loving this rug and this or this sofa…but dang, furniture is so expensive!
- Travel somewhere! Paul and I have been talking about taking a road trip through some national parks and forests later this month, so hopefully we’ll make that happen! I need me some nature. 🙂
What are your goals for the month?
WEEKLY WISHES LINKUP RULES
1. Share your posts about your goals, challenges, or wishes for the week, month, year, decade, whatever! Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
2. Link back to this site so others can get their goal-setting on, too! You can use the button below if you’d like!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.melyssagriffin.com/tags/weekly-wishes/" title="The Nectar Collective" target="_blank"><img src="https://www.melyssagriffin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Weekly-Wishes-Button.jpg" alt="The Nectar Collective" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
3. You can link up your posts on any day of the week, but the most common day to do so is Monday.
4. THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL! You MUST visit the person’s blog who linked up directly before you and leave them a motivating comment. This is such an important part of this linkup! We are each here to encourage each other and build a community of determined women and friends. 🙂 If you do not do this, your post will be deleted from the link-up.