Hello m’dears! I haven’t done one of these check-in posts in awhile (i.e. three months?!?), so I figure we’re on par for a new life update, ya dig? I’ll just share some snippets of what I’ve been up to and how I’ve been feeling — you’re more than welcome to do the same. 🙂
- I know I mentioned this yesterday briefly, but I’ve been thinking of moving to LA once my lease is up in February. I know that’s still a ways away, but I’m already getting antsy! I enjoy where I live in Orange County because it’s spacious, clean, safe, and very convenient (I live 4 minutes from a Target HOLLAAA). But I’ve been getting this nagging feeling about where I live and the fact that it doesn’t have as creative as a community as LA does. Living in Tokyo taught me that I’m not really a city girl, either, but I’m hoping I can find somewhere a little out of the city, but still not far. Any suggestions?
- I started dating someone a couple months ago and I really appreciate him. He’s one of the kindest, silliest, and most considerate people I know. Monja is obsessed with him, which makes me feel like a single baby mama introducing my kid to a new guy. Ha! I’m also 99% sure he will end up reading this — hi Paul! 🙂
- Noimsayn has been one of my favorite songs as of late. It’s pretty mellow, but has a really captivating beat. Anyone else dig this kind of music?
- I’ve mentioned a “Big Project” I’ve been working on, and while I do write down plans for it, I find it sometimes hard to make it to the next step. In this case, it’s one of the biggest projects I’ve done through TNC and I am held back both by a sense of fear and a sense of “how in the world do I execute this?” It’s something I’m still very passionate about, but I think I’m over-complicating it in my mind. *grin*
- I had lunch with my younger brother yesterday, who mentioned that my family said I “never tell them about my life.” It wasn’t said in a contemptuous way, but more in a “I wish we knew more about her life” kind of way. It made me feel a little bad, but also reminded me that I’m not great at sharing my life with people, which is pretty freakin’ ironic since I run a lifestyle blog, hah! Lately, I’ve been feeling more distant from my friends, too, and I realize a big part of that is because I don’t put in the effort to reach out to people. It’s not at all because I don’t care or because I don’t want others to be part of my life, but rather because I’m naturally kind of private and I also don’t want to “bother” people. Anyone else ever feel this way?
- I ordered a new computer, which is probably not even important enough to include here, but it seems kind of important the more I think about it. My current computer has been with me through SO much! Some of my best years of college, my life in Japan, my first year as an entrepreneur and blogger — yikes! I feel kind of attached to this thing. I can’t wait to get a new computer though! And I hope to find a good home for my current one, too. 🙂 I feel like I’m selling a beloved pet, haha I’m crazy.
- One of my prints was featured on Buzzfeed last week, which was kind of cool! My print is #15 (you can buy it here!). Paul was actually sitting next to me scrolling through Buzzfeed and said, “hey, didn’t you make that?” haha 🙂
- I feel maaaaajor travel pangs. I work a loooot, mostly because I love it and want to work a lot, but I think I could really use a break. I’d really like to just go somewhere for a few days where I can explore, take pictures, and laugh. When was the last time you really took a break?
- I bought a blender recently (this one — so cheap!) and I loOoOve it! I make green smoothies every morning and sometimes toss a bunch of random sweets and ice cream in for dessert. I’m excited to make pesto and salsa sometime soon, too. Any fun blender recipes you know of, besides smoothies?
- I almost forgot! I re-did my graphic design website and I love it! I love the design on my blog, but didn’t feel like it represented my graphic design services in the right way. This new version is a bit cleaner, more simple, and easier to navigate, in my opinion. I’m still planning to spruce up the portfolio with more details about each project, but for now I’m happy with everything. What do you think?
- Oh, and because this is very, very necessary, here are some photos of Monja wearing a bra. Very necessary. Breaking news. Did I mention Monja now has an Instagram? You should follow him.
I think that’s all for now! If there’s anything else you’d like to know, just ask. 🙂 I’m private, but do enjoy sharing my life with you!