Today’s guest is a personal mentor of mine and someone that I am so deeply inspired by. Any guesses? 🙂 You’ve probably heard of Lewis Howes before, but if you haven’t, you need to know who this guy is.
Lewis is a New York Times best-selling author, lifestyle entrepreneur and keynote speaker. He hosts the top rated podcast The School of Greatness, which has over 35 million downloads since it began airing in 2013! Lewis has been featured on The Ellen Show, The New York Times, Forbes, and so many more places. Former President Obama even recognized Lewis as one of the top 100 entrepreneurs in the country. So…this isn’t your average human.
I’m thrilled to share him with you in this interview, where we talk about the subject of his latest book, The Mask of Masculinity: How Men Can Embrace Vulnerability Create Strong Relationships, and Live Their Fullest Lives, and the different masks that men wear today.
We also discuss what it feels like to take off these masks and how to help men to embrace their vulnerability. So whether you’re a woman looking to better understand the men in your life, or a man who wants to understand the masks that hold you back, this interview is for you.
Let’s dig in.
Check out the episode below:
In this episode, we talk about…
- The lifelong patterns Lewis noticed that were holding him back (and the path he went down to change them).
- A powerful experience in grade school that led to Lewis putting on his “mask” at an early age.
- How women can better understand the men in their lives and inspire them to take off their “masks” and embrace their vulnerability.
- How Lewis manages to balance an intense drive for success, along with fulfillment as an inner being.
- The key reasons why you need an interruption in your life to truly start becoming aware.
- Lewis’s thoughts on “ego” and “service” – are they the opposite of each other?
Some Questions I ask…
1. Do you feel like it’s normal to be fulfilled in certain areas of our lives, but unfulfilled in others? Is that just the way life is?
2. How do we cultivate better relationships with the people in our lives?
3. How can men recognize where they are hiding in their lives and putting up a facade, and then make a change into who they really are?
Links from the interview:
- Lewis’s Website
- The Mask of Masculinity: How Men Can Embrace Vulnerability Create Strong Relationships, and Live Their Fullest Lives, by Lewis Howes
- Lewis on Facebook
- Lewis on YouTube
- Lewis on Instagram
- Lewis on Twitter
- Lewis on Pinterest
What do you think?
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this episode. How can you embrace vulnerability to live a more fulfilled life? Leave a comment below and let’s chat. 🙂
Here’s how to subscribe + review
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, podcast reviews are pretty darn important to iTunes and the more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be able to get this podcast and message in front of more people (something about iTunes algorithms?). I’d be extremely grateful if you left a review right here letting me know your favorite part of this episode.
Loving the podcast? I encourage you to use the hashtag #PursuitWithPurpose to show our PWP tribe how you live your purpose everyday. Plus, you’ll get to sift through the hashtag to find other business owners who care about community and connectedness over competition and comparison. And I’ll be reposting some of my favorite images and stories, too. 🙂
Thank you for listening!