Have you ever seen those hilarious and satirical YouTube videos pop up in your Facebook newsfeed? You know, the ones where there’s a long-haired, redheaded man who pokes fun at spiritual people? Well, the creator of these videos is none other than JP Sears, from the popular YouTube channel, Ultra Spiritual Life (spoiler alert: JP is today’s guest)!
JP Sears is an emotional healing coach and a YouTuber whose channel has garnered over 100 million views. He’s the author of the book, How To Be Ultra Spiritual, as well as an international speaker.
In this episode of Pursuit With Purpose, we’re talking about the issues he sees most often in his coaching clients, and how he himself had to work through an entire lifetime of people-pleasing and disregarding his own needs. As you’ll notice from this interview, JP is just so full of l-o-v-e, and truly one of the kindest and most open-hearted people I’ve had the opportunity to speak with. His insights for us today have the power to completely change how you see yourself.
Ready to hear the full convo? Let’s get into it. 🙂
Check out the episode below:
In this episode, you’ll hear about things like…
- Where to start when it comes to feeling our emotions, and what can happen when you avoid them.
- JP’s distinct formula for making people laugh (a lot!)
- How people pleasing and needing to be liked affected JP’s life (and probably yours, too), and how he recovered.
- How JP analyzed his dreams to dramatically shift his life and identify recurring patterns.
- The dark and light sides to JP’s childhood – and how his experiences have shaped who he is to this day.
- What our “shadows” really are (and how they relate to our beliefs and emotions).
Some Questions I ask JP…
1. You create hilarious YouTube videos that make fun of different spiritual trends. Why did you choose humor as a way to spread your message?
2. What’s the advantage of seeing an emotional healing coach vs. a traditional therapist?
3. What do you think are some of the biggest issues keeping people from true healing or from activating their full potential in life?
Links from the interview:
What do you think?
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this episode. Do you ever find yourself “people pleasing”? What is that experience like for you?
Here’s how to subscribe + review
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, podcast reviews are pretty darn important to iTunes and the more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be able to get this podcast and message in front of more people (something about iTunes algorithms?). I’d be extremely grateful if you left a review right here letting me know your favorite part of this episode.
Loving the podcast? I encourage you to use the hashtag #PursuitWithPurpose to show our PWP tribe how you live your purpose everyday. Plus, you’ll get to sift through the hashtag to find other business owners who care about community and connectedness over competition and comparison. And I’ll be reposting some of my favorite images and stories, too. 🙂
Thank you for listening!