HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO…my blog? You read that right. The Nectar Collective is one-year-old today! Kind of crazy that this little site has already been around for an entire YEAR. When I started it, I really had no idea what to expect. I didn’t really even know blogging was a “thing.” Had no clue people made a living from doing this and never expected to be as DIE HARD about it as I am. But as it turns out, I like it. I really like it. In fact, I’d say that starting my blog was the best decision I made last year (tied with getting Monja, of course!). Running The Nectar Collective has lit-rally transformed my life. Everyday, it gives me a medium to share my world in a creative, fun, and meaningful way. I also know that without this blog, I wouldn’t have been able to start my design business, co-teach an e-course, or prepare for my new online paper goods shop. It is an opportunity-builder, a friend who will listen, and a community that makes me feel connected to the entire world. This blog is like my home base for all the things that inspire and push me and I am ever-grateful to the people who frequent this site (maybe, you?). Running this blog day after day is really a dream come true.
As a thank you to the people who make TNC come alive, I wanted to do something fun to celebrate. If I had it my way, we’d be drowning in confetti while clinking mugs full of butterbeer. But since that wasn’t really an option I had to go back to the drawing board. As I racked my brain for different ideas, I realized that incorporating my favorite handmade businesses would definitely fit the bill. Being a blogger has made me appreciate the handmade movement times a zillion and I’d love to share some wonderful indie shops with you. I feel so fortunate to have six truly lovely businesses giving away some gorgeous, handmade goods to SIX READERS! Six is my favorite number, so naturally, it just feels right. 🙂 Check out the shops below and enter to win some beautiful handmade goods! (Bonus: I’ve also got a little gift for you below, too…go check it out! :)).
About the Giveaway
- There will be six winners. The first winner will choose which prize they’d like, of the six shared in the graphic above. The next five winners will follow the same process of choosing between the remaining prizes.
- Giveaway is open internationally.
- The winner will be emailed within one week of the giveaway ending. The winner must respond within 48 hours, otherwise a new winner will be chosen.
About the Participating Shops + Prizes
1. Em Dash Paper Co. // $25 Store Credit
This popular paper goods shop has gorgeous, hand-lettered cards, journals, bookmarks, stamps — you name it! Emily has a uniquely bubbly and fun lettering style and her shop is full of things that will make you smile. Many of her cards are perfect for Valentine’s Day — like this one! Go check ’em out!
2. Jennie Claire Jewelry // Choice of Opal Gem Stacking Ring or 14K Gold Stacking Ring Set
Jen makes absolutely beautiful and high-quality minimalistic jewelry. She uses a combination of geometric and organic shapes in her designs, which really makes each piece feel unique and alive. I adore the rings she’s giving away, as well as this scallop collar necklace — so cute! She runs her shop out of Austin, Texas…further convincing me that everyone who lives there is massively talented and creative. 🙂
3. Herbivore Botanicals // Winter Essentials Set
I’d seen Herbivore Botanicals’ gorgeous, modern packaging all over Pinterest and immediately fell in love. The skin care products they make are all-natural, vegan, and don’t use artificial fragrances or colors — don’t you love them already? The Winter Essentials kit they’re giving away is perfect for getting rid of the dry skin we all have this time of year!
4. Oh My Deer // 8 x 10 Print of Your Choice
The first print I’d ever seen from Oh My Deer, was this one — such a simple but beautiful message. I love it! Since then, her shop has become one of my favorites. She has a beautiful and unique calligraphy style, filled with whimsy. She also happens to choose simple, meaningful quotes to adorn her work — go check it out!
5. Hello Happy Boutique // $25 Store Credit
This sweet shop is run by my fellow blogging bud, Kenzie of Chasing Happy. She is just an all-around creative gal, so it’s no wonder that her store has a little bit of everything, from dainty and adorable jewelry (I love this piece!), to custom journals and even hair bows! Go see what she’s all about — I have a feeling you’ll dig her style. 🙂
6. Pottery Lodge // Ceramic Fox Planter
I kept seeing Pottery Lodge’s products featured on Etsy’s front page (that’s like, The Big Leagues), and instantly swooned when I decided to visit her shop. As someone taking a pottery class for the first time, I just can’t even understand how she makes such intricate and creative pieces! I especially love the unique simplicity of this one — definitely on my shopping list. 🙂
Bonus: 20% off Blog Packages in February!
I wanted to give you all something, too. I thought about giving away a gift card, but it felt too impersonal. Then I realized that my job is to help people love and grow their own blogs — duh! I don’t ever really share discounts for my graphic design studio, but this felt like a worthy occasion to give 20% off to anyone who purchases a custom blog design package this February. I know that getting a custom design for your blog is an investment, and I hope this discount makes it affordable for anyone considering it! My blog means a whole lot to me and I’d love to help you feel the same about your own virtual home (if you don’t already!). 🙂
Design Discount Fine Print
- This 20% discount is good for any blog design package I offer (not a la carte items). Currently, there are two packages to choose from. Please contact me for a copy of my free Pricing Guide.
- The discount is valid until the end of February, 2014.
- In order to receive this discount, you must mention it when contacting me.
- You do not need to make your full payment up front. Only a deposit is required to reserve your spot in my queue. However, even if the rest of your payment is due in a later month, you will still receive the discount on your entire order (not just the deposit).
- This offer is only valid for clients who have not booked a blog design package with me yet.