If you’ve ever wanted to understand why you judge other people and yourself — this episode is for you. New York Times Bestselling Author and co-host of The Guinness Book of World Record’s largest guided mediation ever, Gabby Bernstein is as wise and soulful as she is empowering and honest.
Last year, I actually wasn’t too familiar with Gabby’s work. But in an effort to meet more people and go to inspiring events, I decided to attend her book tour in Los Angeles. During the Q&A, people would ask heart-wrenching questions about some of the worst tragedies and traumas you could imagine experiencing in life, and somehow, Gabby immediately whipped out a response that was helpful, genuine, and eloquent. Since that night, I’ve adored Gabby and her work, and became an instant fan. It’s a true honor to share today’s conversation with you.
Plus, during this interview, we talk about one of the answers she gave during that Q&A, which completely floored me. I think it will empower you, too.
In this interview, we talk about concepts from her latest book, Judgment Detox: Release the Beliefs That Hold You Back from Living a Better Life (which was just released!). You’ll learn where your judgments come from, how to heal them, and who you can become when you stop believing your judgments (about yourself and others).
Let’s dive in!
Check out the episode below:
In this episode, you’ll hear about things like…
- Gabby’s unique definition of “judgment” and why right now was the best time to release this book.
- The methods Gabby uses to recover from judgment (and the 4 questions she asks herself when she notices that she’s judging!).
- Who she wrote Judgment Detox for…
- Why judgment brings short-term pleasure, and then guilt and shame.
- What our judgments are really trying to tell us (and how Gabby’s new book will help you to stop believing them).
Some Questions I ask Gabby…
1. Most people might say that judgment is fun in the moment, but tends to leave us feeling ashamed and empty, even if only subconsciously. Why is that?
2. What are our judgments trying to tell us?
3. The way I see judgment (and something you shared in the book) is that it’s often a projection of our own unhealed wounds and trauma. How do we begin to heal these wounds?
Links from the interview:
- Gabby’s Super Attractor Online Workshop
- Gabby on Facebook
- Gabby on Twitter
- Gabby on Instagram
- Gabby on YouTube
- Gabby on LinkedIn
- The Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear to Faith, by Gabby Bernstein
- Gabby Teaching Melyssa EFT (Video)
- Pursuit With Purpose Podcast: Episode 15, with Deepak Chopra
Gabby Teaches Me EFT…
As mentioned in the interview, Gabby did a special Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) training with me to help me release an old judgment and wound that I have about a family member. The training didn’t translate easily to audio since it’s a visual technique, so I’m including a video of it below in case you want to try this on your own!
What do you think?
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this episode. What judgments are you working to release?
Here’s how to subscribe + review
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, podcast reviews are pretty darn important to iTunes and the more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be able to get this podcast and message in front of more people (something about iTunes algorithms?). I’d be extremely grateful if you left a review right here letting me know your favorite part of this episode.
Loving the podcast? I encourage you to use the hashtag #PursuitWithPurpose to show our PWP tribe how you live your purpose everyday. Plus, you’ll get to sift through the hashtag to find other business owners who care about community and connectedness over competition and comparison. And I’ll be reposting some of my favorite images and stories, too. 🙂
Thank you for listening!