Tune In to the Episode: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher
I think we’ve got something twisted when it comes to self love.
Self love isn’t face masks or shopping sprees (though it can be!). It’s much, much deeper than that.
Self love is…
- Communicating and upholding your boundaries with the people in your life (yes, even if it means they’ll be upset with you or leave).
- Being honest about your needs, both with others and with yourself.
- Gaining awareness around your fears and limiting beliefs so that you can do the work to heal.
- Following your aligned path, even if people judge you or don’t understand.
Self love is a lot less about face masks and a lot more about removing the masks you wear that hide your true essence.
So how do you go about creating self awareness so that you can embody self love? What practices will help bring you back to your center so you can live life from a place of alignment and wholeness?
This is just what my friend, Koya Webb, and I are discussing on this episode of Limitless Life™.
Koya is an internationally recognized yoga teacher, celebrity holistic health coach, author, speaker, and vegan activist whose core mission is to promote daily self-care, oneness and eco friendly living to combat some of the some of the world’s biggest challenges including mental health, social injustices and global warming.
It might feel easy to go through each day and use distractions to cover up or bury how we feel. But if you take time to ask yourself what you really need, you can start to come home to yourself, and use that inner love to create lasting change and love in the world around you.
Bottom line: love is the root of who we are and why we’re here.
It’s the energy that weaves us all together, so we’ve got to start giving it the attention it deserves.
Let’s dive in.
“Love yourself, love others, and love the world.”
Listen to the episode below:
This episode discusses topics like…
- Self-love isn’t a destination; it’s a journey on which you need to be gentle with yourself and acknowledge it takes practice
- How and why to not only become aware of your needs, but speak up for them without expectation of how the other person will respond
- Fear is feedback and when used to tune into what we need, it shifts our energy back to love
- Specific ways you can find daily self-love within yourself
- How we can love each other by leading with love and leaving room for differences
- When you come from a place of wholeness, you can give so much more fully to every relationship
By the way, I created an entirely free, 5-day at-home digital retreat called Limitless Entrepreneur. It’s all about creating a new income stream in less than a week, as well as reprogramming the beliefs that are keeping you from a no-limits business and life. Click the image below to sign up, it’s free!
Links from the episode:
- Koya’s Website
- Koya’s Instagram
- Koya’s Facebook
- Get Loved Up on Instagram
- Get Loved Up on Facebook
- Koya’s Book, Let Your Fears Make You Fierce: How to Turn Common Obstacles into Seeds for Growth
- A Course in Miracles
- A Course in Miracles Made Easy: Mastering the Journey from Fear to Love by Alan Cohen
- A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of “A Course in Miracles” by Marianne Williamson
- Follow me (Melyssa Griffin) on Instagram for honest conversations about alignment, abundance, and my life.
- Follow the Limitless Life™ Podcast on Instagram for new episode releases and wisdom on how to live a life with no limits.
- Learn about the Aligned Abundance Mastermind.
- Discover Your Money Magnetism Archetype – Take the Quiz!
- Register for the free, at-home Limitless Entrepreneur retreat here!
How to subscribe + review:
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released?
Also, podcast reviews are pretty darn important to the iTunes algorithm and the more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be able to get this podcast and message in front of more people. I’d be extremely grateful if you left a review right here letting me know your favorite part of this episode.
Share on social?
Did this episode help you expand what’s possible for your life or business? Do you think your social media followers may learn something, too? I’d be forever grateful if you shared it on social media. 🙂 If you do, tag @melyssa_griffin and @limitlesslifepodcast so I can repost you! Woohoo!
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this episode.
Where are you on your journey of self love?
Thank you SO much for being here, sweet friend. I’m honored to walk this journey with you. See you in the next episode!