Hey there and welcome to Weekly Wishes, where I talk about the goals or challenges I want to achieve this week and also let you share your own through the link-up below. I’d love for you to join me and add a link to your own goal-oriented post! It’s a great way to make new friends from around the world and gain some motivation to achieve your weekly aspirations.
Welp, July was a pretty good month! I got out and explored a lot more, which I think I really needed. This past weekend, I went up to LA to visit some eateries (like Milk!) and the Griffith Observatory — beautiful! We also went to a farmers market and picked up fresh food to cook lunch and dinner with (like this!), which was fun and healthy. The only recent downside is that Monja hasn’t been feeling like his best self and woke up a few times last night with a bad fit of wheezing, sneezing, and red eyes. I think he might have allergies (at least, I hope that’s all it is!), but we’re going to the vet later today to get him looked at. If you can, keep my little fuzzball in your positive thoughts. I hope he feels better soon.
How was your July?
Last Month’s Wishes
- Improve my shop. Still working on it, but I added a few new prints and re-did the look of the shop images. I still think I’d like to change up the look of the product images, but it works for now! Below is one of my new favorite prints!
- Open a savings account. I did! And I started saving, too! 🙂
- Work on a new project I’ve got brewing in my head. Yep! Still a ways to go, but I’ve definitely been working on it.
- Look into getting a new computer. I looked into some options, now I just need to save! Hopefully I can get a new one later this year.
- Be more intentional. Yes and no. I still spend too much time aimlessly in front of the computer, BUT I did get out of the house a whole lot more last month! I think I’m getting there!
This Month’s Wishes
- Finish the e-book I’m working on. I’ve got the outline finished, now I just need to pour out all the advice and info I can muster up!
- Launch a new service I’ve been working on (this week!). I’ve pretty much got everything all finished up and I’m pretty excited to share this new offering.
- Go to a music festival. I have tickets to FYF, a two-day festival in LA. It’s been too long, music!
- Try to finish my big project for a September launch date. This will be tough, but I know I need to work harder about setting deadlines for my projects, so I’m going to shoot for this!
- Save 50% of my income. Toward the end of last month, I immediately put 50% of all the money I received into my savings account. It was hard, but felt good! I’m not sure if I can reasonably do it for all of August, but I’ll try! 🙂
- Finish two books. My reading binge took a little break recently, but I want to hop on the wagon and finish some new reads. I’m currently digging The Desire Map, anyone read it?
WEEKLY WISHES LINKUP RULES
1. Share your posts about your goals, challenges, or wishes for the week, month, year, decade, whatever! Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
2. Link back to this site so others can get their goal-setting on, too! You can use the button below if you’d like!
<div align="center"><a href="https://www.melyssagriffin.com/tags/weekly-wishes/" title="The Nectar Collective" target="_blank"><img src="https://www.melyssagriffin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Weekly-Wishes-Button.jpg" alt="The Nectar Collective" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
3. You can link up your posts on any day of the week, but the most common day to do so is Monday. 🙂
4. THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL! You MUST visit the person’s blog who linked up directly before you and leave them a motivating comment. This is such an important part of this linkup! We are each here to encourage each other and build a community of determined women and friends. 🙂 If you do not do this, your post will be deleted from the link-up.