Good morning! A couple weeks ago, I asked if you all would do me a favor and fill out my annual reader survey. The survey was filled with questions from how old you are to whether or not you’d dig a TNC video channel, and each of your answers helped me better understand how you feel about and interact with this blog.
Over 270 people took the survey (wow!) and aside from a couple constructive criticisms, the results were overwhelming positive. I was very moved by the fact that this space actually means something to so many of you (who’da thunk?!). One person even said that on days they’re feeling sad or lonely, they ask themselves, “What would TNC do?” That really made my day! I’m grateful for the magnitude of love and support you all shared in your comments and messages on the survey. Thank you!
Below, I’ve compiled statistics for some of the most interesting or relevant questions that you all answered. I also included some things that surprised me at the very bottom. I hope you enjoy uncovering these results as much as I did! 🙂
1. How long have you been reading TNC?
TNC began about 18 months ago, so it was neat to see that a good chunk of you have been here since the beginning. I can imagine how much things have changed since then!
2. Are you a business owner or freelancer?
About 65% are or want to be a business owner/freelancer. That’s pretty rad!
3. Has participating in Weekly Wishes helped you accomplish more of your goals?
This is so great to see! I’m glad it’s helped you all — I know it’s helped me! (By the way, this question was only given to people who said that they have participated in Weekly Wishes).
4. Without considering geographical barriers, would you be interested in attending workshops hosted by The Nectar Collective?
Glad so many of you would be interested! Hopefully one day! 🙂
5. I would like to see more posts about…
Ha! Bloggers love blogs about blogging. These were the top categories out of 16 potential responses, so I’m definitely aiming to add more of them into my content. Luckily, these are the things I’d like to blog about most anyways! 🙂
6. Are you an expat?
I asked this question because I started this blog when I was an expat. When I did this survey last year, 40% of you “are or were expats.” This time, the number dropped to 23%. Makes sense since I don’t blog about expat-y things and I now live in the US again, but it’s interesting to see the change!
Other surprising and/or interesting stuff:
- 48% of you are between 24-29 years old (the largest demographic).
- 88% of you visit TNC at least once a week. Cool!
- 50% of you favor Instagram above other social media platforms (which says a lot, since the second highest was Twitter at 21%!).
- A majority of you said that participating in Weekly Wishes has helped you grow your blog. That’s awesome!
- Of the 272 people who took the survey, 3 said that they were men.
- A majority of you found TNC through Bloglovin’ or another blog.
I hope you enjoyed this little tour! You can see the results of last year’s survey here.