Hey there and welcome to Weekly Wishes, where I talk about the goals or challenges I want to achieve this week and also let you share your own through the link-up below. I’d love for you to join me and add a link to your own goal-oriented post! It’s a great way to make new friends from around the world and gain some motivation to achieve your weekly aspirations.
Happy Monday! I had a pretty laid back weekend filled with some movie watching (check out my thoughts on Boyhood), puppy cuddling, and shopping. As for September, it feels like it went by in a minute! Some highlights from the month were discovering a huge, nearby park with Monja, going to the Chinese Moon Festival in LA, painting (and actually enjoying the results!), going to Salvation Mountain + East Jesus, and opening up contributor applications here at TNC (did you apply yet?!)
Now that September is almost out of the picture, I am SUUPER excited for October to start! October is my favorite month of the year — there’s something about chilly weather and Halloween decorations that just feels like home to me. Monja’s birthday is also in October (two more weeks!!) and I can’t wait to celebrate when he turns two. My little critter is growing up! You can check out his first birthday party here. 🙂 Any fun ideas on how to celebrate a dog’s birthday?
How was your September?
I didn’t create monthly goals for September because I revamped my yearly goals instead. So we’ll just dive right into this month’s wishes!
This Month’s Wishes
- Hire some awesome contributors! I spent a long while going through each application last night (there’s still time to apply, don’t worry!), and I’m looking forward to finding a few contributors and building more of a team-like setting here.
- Plan something special for Monja’s birthday. I can’t wait to celebrate this dog. He means so SO much to me and I’d love for him to have a really fun, awesome day. A few days after his birthday, we’re also going to Corgi Beach Day. The theme is Halloween, so I’m on the hunt for a cute costume! Any cute dog costumes you know of?
- Make real progress on my eCourse. Over the past couple months, I’ve watched this idea morph from one thing to another several times. It feels organic and necessary to keep changing minor details, but now that I feel like I have a solid grasp on what I want it to look like, I hope to make some serious progress on content and getting it out there.
- Plan our trip to Portland! In early November, Paul and I are going to travel to Portland for a few days. We’re both really excited and love planning things — it’ll be so fun!
What are you wishing for this month?
WEEKLY WISHES LINKUP RULES
1. Share your posts about your goals, challenges, or wishes for the week, month, year, decade, whatever! Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
2. Link back to this site so others can get their goal-setting on, too! You can use the button below if you’d like!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.melyssagriffin.com/tags/weekly-wishes/" title="The Nectar Collective" target="_blank"><img src="http://www.melyssagriffin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Weekly-Wishes-Button.jpg" alt="The Nectar Collective" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
3. You can link up your posts on any day of the week, but the most common day to do so is Monday. 🙂
4. THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL! You MUST visit the person’s blog who linked up directly before you and leave them a motivating comment. This is such an important part of this linkup! We are each here to encourage each other and build a community of determined women and friends. 🙂 If you do not do this, your post will be deleted from the link-up.
p.s. Oooonnne more day to enter this cute giveaway with Too Wrapped Up! Check it out.