Hey there and welcome to Weekly Wishes, where I talk about the goals or challenges I want to achieve this week and also let you share your own through the link-up below. I’d love for you to join me and add a link to your own goal-oriented post! It’s a great way to make new friends from around the world and gain some motivation to achieve your weekly aspirations.
Hi friends! I hope you had an awesome weekend (and a pretty fabulous June, while we’re at it). June started off a little stressful, but ended up being a really great month for me! Now I’m just looking forward to warm summer months, lots of day trips, and an inordinate amount of iced coffee.
This weekend, Monja and I went to Corgi Beach Day, which is a meetup at a local dog beach where hundreds of corgis and their owners gather to hang out and derp it up. It was my first time at a dog beach, but it was so so fun! I was a little nervous since it’s not gated and it’s right next to a busy street, but Monja followed me around and impressed me with his awesomeness. I seriously love that critter so much. I’ll be sharing more about corgi beach day this week because I know you’re just as obsessed with corgis as I am, right? For now, you can get a sneak peak on my Instagram! 😉 Aaaand just because I love you, here’s a teaser of us from the Beach Day! Though I realize it’s pretty deceiving since it looks like he’s the only corgi there. Lies, I tell ya! Monja’s bandana is from this sweet Etsy shop (it has corgis on it!).
How was your June!?
Last Month’s Wishes
- Write for fun. Shoot! I’m kind of sad that I didn’t do this at all. I keep drafting ideas and day dreams in my head, but need to make more of an effort to put them on paper.
- Go to Alt Summit. Woop woop, I did! I still have more I’ll be sharing about this conference, but for now you can read my initial reactions and the most inspiring things I learned there!
- Open a savings account. Oh. Um. Did not do this either. I feel like this month flew by! Ahh excuses! Luckily I saved money anyways, if that counts. 😉 I also just realized June ain’t over yet, so I might just pop by the bank today and knock this off my list!
- Go to Corgi Beach Day. We went!! And it was a blast!! I was really nervous about going because Monja barks a lot at other dogs while he’s on leash, so I assume he’ll be a regular ol’ cujo off-leash, too. But I’m finally realizing that my fears about Monja were wrong. He’s such a sweetheart to other dogs and people and I think the leash makes him feel like he needs to be protective (or so I’ve been told). Anyways, we had a lot of fun and I’m excited to take him back to the dog beach for more playtime in the near future. 🙂
This Month’s Wishes
- Improve my shop. You know, the one I secretly opened earlier this month (you can check it out here!). I’ll be sharing more about it and officially launching it in the coming weeks. For now, I want to make some improvements and brainstorm new ways to make it awesome-er. 🙂
- Open a savings account. Yep, I’m carrying this over from last month. Doh!
- Work on a new project I’ve got brewing in my head. I’m really excited about this one! I hashed out some ideas with my friend Jess last week and she helped me realize that my crazy ideas might not be so crazy after all. I’m pretty stoked to get started and eventually share what the heck I’m hinting at. 😀
- Look into getting a new computer. I bought my computer four years ago, which is pretty amazing to me since it’s held up really well over the years. Given its good condition, I’m not sure if I need a new computer, but I’m scared one day it’ll die of old age, which would kind of be traumatizing since I need it to do my work. Bah!
- Be more intentional. I find that if I don’t have plans for the day, I’ll sit at my computer from morning ’til late at night, working and also doing totally useless things like refreshing Facebook and scrolling through Instagram. I’ve come to terms with the fact that sometimes I get work inspiration sporadically and normal business hours don’t always suit me, but I don’t like the idea of spending so much time doing nothing, waiting for inspiration to strike. I’d like to be more intentional with my time so that when I’m on the computer, I’m working, and when I’m not working, I’m doing something awesome!
WEEKLY WISHES LINKUP RULES
1. Share your posts about your goals, challenges, or wishes for the week, month, year, decade, whatever! Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
2. Link back to this site so others can get their goal-setting on, too! You can use the button below if you’d like!
<div align="center"><a href="https://www.melyssagriffin.com/tags/weekly-wishes/" title="The Nectar Collective" target="_blank"><img src="https://www.melyssagriffin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Weekly-Wishes-Button.jpg" alt="The Nectar Collective" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
3. You can link up your posts on any day of the week, but the most common day to do so is Monday. 🙂
4. THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL! You MUST visit the person’s blog who linked up directly before you and leave them a motivating comment. This is such an important part of this linkup! We are each here to encourage each other and build a community of determined women and friends. 🙂 If you do not do this, your post will be deleted from the link-up.