I love reading. At any given moment I’m probably halfway through a handful of books — always too excited to finish my current book before diving into another. Random fact? A few years ago I dated a guy for no more than a month. He was brash and had a crude sense of humor, but was also an avid bookworm and carried his Kindle wherever he went. Intrigued, I decided to buy a Kindle for myself.
I like to think I’ve been addicted to reading ever since.
I had that Kindle for several years…until one day when Monja ate it. Now I’m on Kindle #2 and always on the hunt for new books to devour. I’m currently reading The Happiness Project (loving it!) and Wild and just finished Gone Girl (so addicting!). Now, here are 12 books I’m looking forward to reading (and have heard incredible things about!) for 2015. In case you’re a math whiz or something, that’s one book a month…do-able, yes? I’d love to hear your thoughts if you’ve read any of these! 🙂
- Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham
- The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
- The Artist’s Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity by Julia Cameron
- The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brené Brown
- This I Know: Notes on Unraveling the Heart by Susannah Conway
- Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk
- Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened by Allie Brosh
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling
- A Dog’s Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron
- Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer