Oh, hello blog I’ve neglected for months…nice to be reacquainted. 😉
Gosh, SO many things to fill you all in on (like a podcast coming next month…can’t WAIT to get back into creating content and connecting with you each week).
But more importantly for now…we’re hiring! And I’m seriously so excited about it.
A year ago, my business consisted of basically just myself, with a part-time virtual assistant who worked a few hours here and there. But over the last year, we’ve gone through a major growth spurt — the kind where our outgrown pants awkwardly fall above our ankles. We now have seven amazing people holdin’ down the fort for Team MG these days. It’s amazing and wonderful and so, so fun. But there’s something missing…
Which is why I’m opening up a local (in Los Angeles) position to add someone new to our growing family. You interested? Learn more below. 🙂
What does the position entail?
Here’s what would currently be expected of you (though your role and tasks may change in the future as we see what you love doing most).
- Community Management. This involves my free and paid Facebook groups, my paid PursuitHQ membership, and any other communities that sprout up for our brand.
- Customer Service. This is primarily email based, where you’ll be answering questions for new and potential customers. You may also need to jump on the phone from time to time, so please don’t apply if you’re afraid of talking to people in real time.
- Social Media Strategy + Creation. You will help us kick butt on Instagram and Facebook by developing a social media strategy and then executing that strategy. The point here is to create a stronger community and marketing plan (and to make sure I post on Instagram more than once a month).
- Content Creation + Editing. You would do some lite email and blog post content creation — mostly just refining and editing my own thoughts. But please do keep in mind that some writing will be involved.
- Possible errands around LA. Ideal if you have a car, though not required.
Who are we looking for?
- You are ridiculously detail-oriented, structured, and organized. You LOVE creating systems and processes, and office supply stores probably tickle your fancy.
- On the flip side, you also have an obvious creative streak and a knack for understanding how to create a well-oiled brand online. You love things like dreaming up photoshoots, writing witty captions, and coming up with crazy ideas.
- You abso-freaking-lutely love people. You think they’re the best, and you love helping other humans. You basically just want people to feel good with any interaction they have with you. Your empathy game is on FIRE.
- You live in Los Angeles (west side, preferably) and are available to work with me (Melyssa) in-person 2-3 days per week (days/hours are flexible). However, you are also available to work at least a couple hours each weekday (whether we’re working together in-person or not) in order to keep up with customer service emails and our communities. Altogether, you’ll probably work 15-20 hours/week to start. You’re also interested in going full-time one day, if the opportunity arises.
- You want to support an entrepreneur, not become one yourself. I’m looking for someone who will be on the team for the long haul, so if you have #CommitmentIssues or if you’re just looking for ways to learn things for your own budding business, this ain’t the job for you.
- Honestly, I don’t care if you have all the skills — those are teachable. What I care more about is your desire to learn and enthusiasm to be on a growing, creative team. If you’re open to learning, take direction well, and won’t give me side-eyes if I ask you to do something a different way, you’d be a great fit. 🙂
Where the heck do you apply?
Please keep in mind that applications are due on Tuesday, May 16th at 12pm pacific time. After that, we’ll start selecting candidates for interviews. Ideally, you would start by the end of May. 🙂
Leave a comment below if you’ve got any questions! WOOOOOO!