Are you a blogger or creative? Then prepare to be MAJORLY inspired by this episode. A few years ago, Allie started her yoga and mindfulness blog, The Journey Junkie. Like many bloggers, she assumed that the best way to earn a living as a blogger was by putting ads and sponsored posts on her site. Soon, she began to realize that despite her amazing content and engaged community, this monetization route wasn’t ever going to lead to a full-time income.
But Allie trudged on, and eventually enrolled in my program, Blog to Biz Hive. There, she learned why I believe Online Courses are the best way for bloggers to monetize, and she used my formula to launch her first course to her audience. Within a few weeks, Allie had earned a year’s worth of salary…from her blog. Nearly $70,000! Now, she and her husband literally plan to sail the world, while working on her blog full-time.
It sounds like a dream come true, right? And it is.
But how did she do it? AND with a full-time job to boot? Well, in this eye-opening interview, Allie is dishing out her best advice for bloggers who are tired of the rat race of “ads” and “sponsored posts” and want to learn a better model to grow their community and monetize their site.
This girl has got soul and a TON of wisdom to share about following your purpose and living the life you’ve always dreamed of having – right this second.
I know I probably say this about each episode, but I am so, so excited to share this conversation with you! Talking to Allie gave me chills, and made me even more motivated to follow my own dreams. I know you’ll feel the same.
Check out the episode below:
In this episode, you’ll hear about things like…
- What Allie was doing before working on her blog full-time, and how she made the transition.
- Why bloggers should NOT try to monetize with ads and sponsored posts and what to do instead.
- The strategies she used to launch her course and how she executed them (including pricing — her course was only $129, a free challenge, and more).
- How she grew her blog and had a $70,000 course launch even with a full-time day job.
- Allie’s best tips for creating engaged online communities for your blog and business.
- Why your blog is NOT your end goal (but rather, the foundation for your empire).
- How Allie’s blog and successful launch have allowed her and her husband to fulfill one of their lifelong dreams (which includes sailing around the world).
- The key reasons why people should explore the practice of yoga and how it can impact your life.
Want to learn more about my exclusive program that walks you through how to grow your audience and income as a blogger?
It’s called Blog to Biz Hive and I only open enrollment for this course ONCE a year. Well, my friend…it’s currently open for a limited time! I firmly believe that, like Allie, you can grow an engaged audience and turn your blog into a massively profitable business. Click here to learn more about the program! Enrollment closes on August 30th, 2017, so make sure to join soon.
Links from the interview:
- Allie’s Website, The Journey Junkie
- Allie on YouTube
- Allie on Pinterest
- Allie and Carly’s Podcast, Truth and Dare
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear, by Elizabeth Gilbert
Subscribe and Review…pretty please?
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, podcast reviews are pretty darn important to iTunes and the more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be able to get this podcast and message in front of more people (something about iTunes algorithms?). I’d be extremely grateful if you left a review right here letting me know your favorite part of this episode!
Loving the podcast? I encourage you to use the hashtag #PursuitWithPurpose to show our PWP tribe how you live your purpose everyday. Plus, you’ll get to sift through the hashtag to find other business owners who care about community and connectedness over competition and comparison. And I’ll be reposting some of my favorite images and stories, too. 🙂
Thank you for listening!