About a year ago, Sterling was homeless. He was living on couches of friends of friends and trying to grow a business without much success.
Well, that’s not the case anymore.
Now, just about a year later, Sterling is running a million dollar business that brings him immense joy, allows him freedom to travel and relax, and has completely changed his mindset about what’s possible.
So, what changed?
Well, he started incorporating authentic story-telling, writing, and videos into his work and his community immediately shifted and grew. In this interview, he explains how the power of stories, vulnerable copywriting, and genuine videos can help you rapidly grow your business as well as a community of people who will devour anything you create.
Sterling is unlike most humans I’ve ever met — he reminds me of a younger Tony Robbins. Not only will you love Sterling’s helpful frameworks and business advice, but you’ll love all of his life insights and wisdom, too. Oh, and despite sharing the same last name, we’re not related (though he certainly feels like a brother to me!).
As you can probably guess, Sterling’s gone up against a lot of obstacles to get to the level he’s at now and in this interview he vulnerably opens up about them — from being heavily bullied as a kid to selling his most prized personal possession to pay for his business coach. We also talk about some of the things that Sterling has done well to grow his business so quickly (none of which include paid ads or having a big list)!
Check out the episode below:
In this episode, you’ll hear about things like…
- The behind-the-scenes of his beginnings as a “chronic underachiever” who hadn’t realized his potential until later in life, and didn’t always consider himself an “entrepreneur.”
- Confidence and charisma can be developed – and here’s how Sterling went from shy and unconfident to one of the most charismatic people I know.
- Why more than having an internal conversation with yourself is needed to truly transform.
- How one Facebook post alone generated his first sale online (and he was hooked)!
- What people are really thinking if you undercharge for your services.
- The two things you need to do if you want to be a great story teller (which will not only grow your community, but your income, too).
Links from the interview:
Subscribe and Review…pretty please?
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, podcast reviews are pretty darn important to iTunes and the more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be able to get this podcast and message in front of more people (something about iTunes algorithms?). I’d be extremely grateful if you left a review right here letting me know your favorite part of this episode!
Loving the podcast? I encourage you to use the hashtag #PursuitWithPurpose to show our PWP tribe how you live your purpose everyday. Plus, you’ll get to sift through the hashtag to find other business owners who care about community and connectedness over competition and comparison. And I’ll be reposting some of my favorite images and stories, too. 🙂
Thank you for listening!