Welcome to Weekly Wishes, a personal goal setting community where you can share your upcoming dreams and connect with other goal-setters. I’d love for you to join us and add a link to your own goal-oriented blog post! It’s a great way to make new friends from around the world and gain some motivation to achieve your weekly aspirations.
Happy belated Thanksgiving, everyone! After taking a few days off, I’m excited to be back in action. Looking back, November was filled with a lot of happiness. I went on a trip to Portland, started really getting into yoga, and spent some quality time with people I care about. I also had a happy Thanksgiving with Paul’s family (soo much good food!). How was your Thanksgiving?
This weekend, we checked out the OC Zoo, a tiny but cute zoo in Irvine. We also went to an animal shelter (again!) “just to look.” Neither of us really has any intention of getting a new dog right now, but I’m pretty sure all these animal shelter visits will wear us down eventually. 😉 Paul and I have also been trying to cook more lately. In the past, we used to eat out all the time, but cooking together is becoming one of our favorite things! So far we’ve made homemade pasta sauces, pizza, Thai food, and soup — our collection of spices is growing! Do you like to cook? Send me a link to one of your favorite recipes! 🙂
How was your month?
Last Month’s Wishes
- E-COUUUURSSSEEE. I’ve been working pretty diligently on it! I also had an idea for how to expand it into more of a community — I’m excited! I’m hoping and wishing to release it before 2015.
- Make yoga a habit. I’m happy to say that it has become a habit! I’m really diggin’ it. 🙂 I’m hoping to go 4-5 times this week!
- Visit Portland! You bet! More to come on that this week, too!
- Get back into blogging. Gah! If my quiet week last week is any indication, I need some more help in this department. I think I fell off the wagon in October, when I got very busy with work. Now, I need to work on building blogging back into my daily routine.
- Revise the “behind-the-scenes” parts of my business. Shucks! I forgot about this one.
This Month’s Wishes
- Be INTENTIONAL with social media. Do you ever find yourself scrolling aimlessly through Twitter or waking yourself up in the morning with your Facebook newsfeed? I do. Way too often. I don’t get much out of it, and it just ends up becoming a time suck. I also realized that I haven’t posted on Instagram in quite a while and would really like to put more effort into that platform. Overall, I want to spend less time scrolling and more time posting unique + interesting content.
- Go to at least 16 yoga classes. That would mean I’d be going about 4 times a week, which is more than I’ve ever gone before. I think I’ll make myself a little chart and check off a box each time I go. I never really thought I’d be in this position, but I’m happy! I’m also kind of excited to one day see changes in my body. The last (and only) time I worked out this much was probably when I played freshman basketball in high school, but at that time I wasn’t focused on toning myself. Now, I think it will be pretty neat to eventually see my arms and legs become more fit.
- Make a plan for 2015! The last two years, I’ve bought Leonie Dawson’s Create Your Amazing Year workbooks. I love them — her words are filled with so much love and intention. But the only problem is that I don’t carve out enough time to actually finish them. I’m going to buy her new workbook right meow and get started asap! I also want to do some of my own planning, to decide exactly what I want my blog and business to look like by this time next year. I’m so excited!
What are your monthly goals for December?!
WEEKLY WISHES LINKUP RULES
1. Share your posts about your goals, challenges, or wishes for the week, month, year, decade, whatever! Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
2. Link back to this site so others can get their goal-setting on, too! You can use the button below if you’d like!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.melyssagriffin.com/tags/weekly-wishes/" title="The Nectar Collective" target="_blank"><img src="http://www.melyssagriffin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Weekly-Wishes-Button.jpg" alt="The Nectar Collective" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
3. You can link up your posts on any day of the week, but the most common day to do so is Monday.
4. THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL! You MUST visit the person’s blog who linked up directly before you and leave them a motivating comment. This is such an important part of this linkup! We are each here to encourage each other and build a community of determined women and friends. 🙂 If you do not do this, your post will be deleted from the link-up.
p.s. Check back later today! I’ll be sharing a fun gift guide with my top picks for the season. 🙂