Have you ever wished you were more outgoing, charismatic, or a better communicator? I’m super excited for this episode with Jordan Harbinger, a social dynamics expert who’s literally teaching people how to do just that while removing those masks of shyness and insecurity.
Jordan is the creator of the top-50, wildly popular podcast Art of Charm, which he’s been hosting now for over a decade! His company hosts powerful boot camps and training sessions for companies and individuals that want to learn the elements of emotional intelligence that will help them to become more persuasive, confident and charismatic.
You’ll learn what Jordan was like growing up (hint: he’s actually an introvert by nature and grew up very shy!) and he’ll also share the two things that keep people stuck when it comes to creating true connections.
Jordan also gives us some of his best tips for how to practice confidence and charisma, including a pretty cool exercise involving a doorway and post-it notes. He even delivers a beautiful rant about how we, as a community, can begin to cure the divisiveness that’s been spreading around the world and come together in a more unified way. This episode is both extremely practical and super inspiring and I know you’re going to absolutely love Jordan’s advice!
Check out the episode below:
In this episode, you’ll hear about things like…
- The psychology and science behind what holds you back from being your best self (and how to move past it).
- The competitive advantage you’ll gain in the marketplace by mastering your social skills (and the unique first step Jordan took to gain this for himself).
- Why introverts are often better with people than extroverts, but they need a little practice sometimes.
- Why body language is SO important and what things you should be aware of when interacting with others.
- How Jordan has been able to successfully shift his core-level identity to someone who is charismatic (after years of being shy and socially awkward).
- An interesting approach to reuniting people with different beliefs and political viewpoints.
Links from the interview:
- Jordan’s Website, The Art of Charm
- The Art of Charm Podcast
- The Art of Charm Episode 570: Susan Cain of Quiet Revolution
What do you think?
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this episode. Do you consider yourself more introverted or extroverted? Are there any key takeaways that you’re looking forward to implementing? Leave a comment below and let’s chat. 🙂
Here’s how to subscribe + review
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, podcast reviews are pretty darn important to iTunes and the more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be able to get this podcast and message in front of more people (something about iTunes algorithms?). I’d be extremely grateful if you left a review right here letting me know your favorite part of this episode.
Loving the podcast? I encourage you to use the hashtag #PursuitWithPurpose to show our PWP tribe how you live your purpose everyday. Plus, you’ll get to sift through the hashtag to find other business owners who care about community and connectedness over competition and comparison. And I’ll be reposting some of my favorite images and stories, too. 🙂
Thank you for listening!