Happy Wednesday! After MUUUCH thought (like, almost this whole year, sheesh), I’ve decided that I’d like to make The Nectar Collective a little more of, you know, a collective. I get the question of, “what does your blog’s name mean?” pretty often. The short answer? I wanted this website to be a community where people can go for their daily dose of nectar — the positive, inspiring, holy-crap-I’m-sharing-this-with-all-my-Facebook-friends kind of stuff. But I realize that this mission would be better met if I had more creative minds and perspectives working on it behind-the-scenes. With that said, I’m looking to hire a couple contributors to share fresh content with the TNC community. You’ll still see a majority of posts from little ol’ me, but I think some perfect-fit contributors will add a whole lot of awesome to this site.
Why should you apply?
- You’ll get to share your work on an up-and-coming blog and with an active community of readers.
- Your posts will include a brief author bio at the bottom, directing visitors to your site and increasing exposure for your own blog or business. You’ll also be included on a contributor page, where readers can learn more about you.
- You’ll learn some behind-the-scenes tips and tricks on how TNC is run and created. These bits of knowledge may help you in your own creative + blogging endeavors.
- The TNC community is growing, and you’ll probably see some positive and exciting changes over the next year. As this happens, I may need extra help, or new positions could become available. You would be among the first people I’d inquire with if I need more (paid) support or assistance.
- You will be paid per post. For now, this probably won’t be enough to pay the mortgage, but it will put some extra dough in your pocket each month. Hollaaaa.
What does an ideal candidate look like?
- Organized and timely. You’ll be given a consistent schedule and advance notice for each post, but it’s important that you are able to meet deadlines and follow any guidelines you’re given.
- You’re creative. I will give you a broad topic to write about (like, “a DIY project”), but you’ll have the freedom to create a totally awesome post and idea on your own.
- You have prior blogging or journalism experience. While this is not an absolute requirement, you’d still need to understand the important facets of blogging and how to craft a solid post (keeping in mind that blogging is different from other types of writing).
- You have a strong grasp of grammar, punctuation, and spelling. You are also able to use the English language at a native level.
- You write in a way that’s personable, upbeat, and inviting.
- You’re interested in and capable of writing about either DIY projects, Self-Development, or Business Tips. I’m open to other ideas, if you have something that you think would be a perfect fit, but these are the main items I’m hiring for.
- You are able to contribute 1-3 posts per month. Woop woop!
Do you think you’d be a ridiculously good fit? You can apply right here:
The application will be open until Sunday, October 5th at 11:59pm PST. Successful candidates will be contacted the following week.
Do you know someone who would be freakin’ fantastic for this? E-mail this page to them! You could also share it with your Twitter followers, which I wouldn’t be opposed to. 😉 Here’s a tweet you can use! Just click to share it.
Tweet: Say whaaaa? The Nectar Collective is hiring (paid) contributors! If you’re a blogger, you should get in on this! http://ctt.ec/b59ZI+
Have an awesome day, everyone! I’m really excited to add some new friends to this little Melyssa + Monja family. 🙂